In 1969, Patti Komara founded Patti’s All-American gymnastics in Dyer, Indiana and it has since become one of the most successful gyms with gymnastics, dance, swimming, and a fitness based nursery school called Gym-N-Learn. Patti began speaking at national seminars in 1981 on preschool and school-age gymnastics and the business of owning a gymnastics school. Patti has spoken for Purdue University and national seminars for AAHPERD, AAEYC, TMCA, USAIGC, IDEA, and USA Gymnastics. She began her national seminars in 1986 and began putting her speeches on videotape and DVDs and then founded Patti Komara’s Tumblebear Connection. Patti has since produced more than 80 instructional DVD’s for instructors and owners. Presently she has written and sells books on yearly lesson plans for The internationally known Tumblebear Gym Program, School-age Gymnastics, Dancing Gym Bears, Yoga Bears, CheerBears, Gym-N-Learn, and her newest book on her very successful swim program. Patti has written over 50 articles on the gymnastics business. In 1995 Patti was selected by USA Gymnastics to be a member of the committee that created the KAT preschool gymnastics certification program and co-authored the KAT workbook. In 2003 she was named USA Gymnastics Business Leader of the Year. In 2005 Patti was selected as Client of the Year by Action International and in 2006 was given the National Service Award by USA Gymnastics at their annual business conference. In 2010 she was one of five other gym owners named to the USA Gymnastics Task Force. In 2011 she was one of 14 named to the USA Gymnastics Business Advisory Ambassador Team and is currently still on the Team. In 2014 Patti was awarded by USA Gymnastics the “Club Owner of the Year” award. In 2016 she won “Innovator of Year” by the Society of Innovators of Northwest Indiana.
Patti’s Awards and Achievements
- A key speaker at national and international seminars every year since 1981
- Has led hundreds of gymnastics training workshops throughout the country and internationally
- Patti’s additional business The Tumblebear Connection has produced more than 80 instructional DVDs
- Patti co-authored the original KAT certification program
- In 2003 and 2014 she was named USA Gymnastics Business Leader of the Year
- In 2005 Patti was selected as Client of the Year by Action International
- In 2006 was given the national service award by USA Gymnastics
- Town of Dyer (Indiana) gave recognition for being a published author and an expert in the gymnastics field
- In 2009 Patti was given an award of EXCELLENCE for business achievements made for the last 40 years
In 2016 Patti was inducted into the Society of Innovators. Patti was selected as one of the 18 people inducted into the Society for the class of 2016. Candidates were selected from the counties of Lake, Porter, Jasper, Pulaski, La Porte, Newton, and Starke.
- In 2016, Patti Komara was named President/CEO of Patti’s All-American